The aims of our app project
- The main aim is to create a sustainable model for the production and use of multimedia materials for learning languages, cuisines and cultures based on user-generated content in support of a community of practice in those areas.
- We will involve 40 digitally marginalized project participants with little or no digital experience, including migrants and refugees.
- We firstly provide them with digital, transferable and language skills.
- We will co-design the app and authoring tool with them, thus ensuring that the apps will be usable by most social groups in the EU.
- Then we enable them to use the authoring tool to author a multimedia social recipe for language learning. The ‘authoring tool’ is a software system that allows both technical and non-technical people to programme content for use in the app by:
- a) writing an existing cooking recipe onto the system in short, simple stages using the authoring tool
- b) creating audio files for spoken instructions
- c) creating photos and videos together with subtitles as help facilities.
- We will disseminate the social recipes through the development of online communities of practice in six EU languages which bring people together in sharing and cooking the recipes. Dissemination activities will ensure that people across the EU will share and author social recipes themselves.